I.O.U.S.A., A MUST SEE!
The movie ended, EACH AND EVERY viewer was frozen in their seats! They had no choice but to sit frozen with a sort of hopeless anger and fear... Perhaps frightened for the first time, that the U.S. will economically implode on itself within each of our lifetimes.
Did you know that the federal government is in a $53 trillion financial hole? A hole that's growing by $2 trillion to $3 trillion every year? That amounts to a burden of $175,000 on each and every American citizen.
So I sent a letter today to:
- John Cornyn, U.S. Senator, TX, Republican Party
- Kay Bailey Hutchison, U.S. Senator, TX, Republican Party
- Kenny Marchant, U.S. Representative, TX-24, Republican Party
I'm additionally inspired by:
Peter G. Peterson Foundation. Founded by the former U.S. Comptroller General David Walker
The Concord Coalition:
They are continuing with their sponsorship of the aggressive "Fiscal Wake-Up Tour". It's mission is to cut through the usual partisan rhetoric and stimulate a more realistic public dialogue on what we want our nation's future to look like, along with the required trade-offs.
Here is a video of a "Fiscal Wake Up Tour" speech:
I.O.U.S.A. The Movie - Web Site (We are one of only 10 cites where it was released.)
Other Compelling Materials:
- Concord Coalition PowerPoint Chart Talk (Talking Points)
- A Fiscal Wake-Up Call
- Key Questions 2008
- Principles & Priorities Exercise
- Concord Coalition Plausible Baseline
- America's Economy: Headed For Crisis (Fact Sheet)
- Taking Back Our Fiscal Future
- Facing Facts Quarterly